Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Friday, March 22, 2013

Dave's Cuffs Done

I've been knitting on brother Dave's Christmas socks and the cuffs are done.

It's a basic 72 stitch sock with k6p1 ribbing and a gansey flag pattern knit into alternate columns.



Now on to the heel and the very long, shoe size 14 foot.

Just for fun I calculated the number of stitches needed between the gusset pickup and the beginning of the toe decreases. 7296 for one sock. 14,592 for the pair.

Those are numbers a sock knitter really doesn't want to know. It's numbers like those that cause non-knitters think we're nuts.



Pattern: Basic cuff down sock pattern on 72 stitches. k6p1 ribbing and a gansey flag pattern knit into alternate columns.

Yarn: Cascade Heritage #9825.

Needles: Options #1, 2.5mm

Gauge: 8 stitches/inch, 10 rows/inch

6 comments:

MoCookbooksEtc said...

Those are going to be so pretty. And I am so glad to see you blogging again. I missed you!

Jane said...

Your yarn is lovely! Nice pattern too. Thanks for sharing. I like your blog, it inspires me to knit more. Hugs, Jane

Anonymous said...

Very pretty yarn and pattern! Today I started my son in law's Christmas socks-also a size 14! His will be k3, p1 on 68 stitches. Happy knitting!

Judy S. said...

Loved that heron photo but couldn't comment there or on your gorgeous cabled sock. This one is nice also. So good to see you back posting again.

kathy b said...

Ha ha doing the Math makes it really a labor of love. I LOVE the gansey style of the pattern. I'll put that one on my list

Lynn said...

I love the color of those socks!!! And yes, calculating how many stitches for a sock is nuts. Best to just knit and enjoy the ride!