Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Vitamin D Needs Some Frogging

After row upon row of stockinette, I finally got to the bottom of the body of Vitamin D. The pattern finishes off the bottom edge with six rows of garter stitch on 362 stitches, which I did.

And the bottom curls. It's a seriously strong curl. It's an I don't think this is going to block out curl.


The plan is to frog the garter stitch, pick up 362 stitches and knit five rows of seed stitch. I hope that solves the problem.

Pattern: Vitamin D by Heidi Kirrmaier

Yarn: Knitpicks Andean Treasure. 100% baby alpaca. Sport weight.

Color: Mystery Heather.

Needles: Options #4.

Gauge: 6 stitches/inch, 8 rows/inch in stockinette.

I'm also knitting little hats for an October delivery to Haiti. Just got a call today saying more baby things have been donated so more babies can be dressed and asking if my friend Sherry and I could knit nine more. Sure.


5 comments:

Jan said...

What a pain! Could you pick up stitches, do a purl row as a turning point, more rows and make a hem? Perhaps that might work. Then again, it could flare. It's the sort of thing I really don't like having to fix.

Love the hats, so cheerful.

Beadknitter said...

One thing you might want to do is knit one row of stockinette with a larger sized needle before starting the garter stitch. This will prevent the rolling. It's a trick I learned in machine knitting.

Judy S. said...

Bummer! That's a lot of stitches to rip out. Hope you figure out a solution 'cause it's going to be a really nice sweater. Love the rainbow hat. What yarn is that?

Grace said...

Oh no! I hope the seed stitch works, it looks like a lovely sweater! I love the hats also!

kathy b said...

Dang that curling bottom!!! I hate when that happens M.

I Love your generous hats!