Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Thursday, March 03, 2011

Silver Lace Vest Started


I've been enjoying the changing patterns in this sleeveless top, and it's been getting most of my knitting attention for the past few days. That's going to end Saturday when John's birthday socks get top priority so they aren't late.

One of the reasons I picked this project is because I wanted a break from knitting sleeves. Now I'm starting to think there might be enough yarn for some sleeves. Right now I'm knitting the body in the round. I'll evaluate and make the sleeve decision when I get to the underarm split.

If I don't use up this yarn a few skeins will sit in my stash for years with no project in mind.

So far I haven't deviated from the pattern except to knit the body in the round with faux side seams.

Pattern: Oversize Lace Top by Deborah Newton, published in Spring/Summer 2007 Vogue Knitting.

Yarn: Knitpicks Gloss. 70% Merino wool, 30% silk. DK weight.

Color: Robot. (Silver gray)

Needles: Options #5.

Gauge: 5.5 stitches/inch, 8 rows/inch in pattern.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It will be beautiful with or without sleeves. The pattern looks like a fun project.