Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Wednesday Wings - Fuzzy Pictures

Today I'm going to share fuzzy bird pictures.

Why are they fuzzy? Could be the lighting or the subject is too far away or the window is not so clean or it's raining.



The Yellow Warblers nest in the back field. They normally stay in thick brush so I hear them but seldom see them.

Once in a while they sit in a tree top and sing so I get a view - and a fuzzy picture.




This Great Crested Flycatcher came from the woods across the street to help the Phoebes eat the morning bugs attracted to the porch light.

This is the first time we've seen a Great Crested Flycatcher. I had to look it up in my bird guide. I so wish I could have included a shot of its yellow belly, but it wouldn't cooperate.




Occasionally our pond is visited by a Belted Kingfisher.

They sit high up, 30 - 40 feet, looking down into the water until they see something yummy. Then they dive in and get it.

This picture was taken from far away and in the rain. Sigh. Maybe someday I can get a better shot.




This time of year there are Robins everywhere and every age. Looks like this Robin is collecting grass for a second nest.

5 comments:

Judy S. said...

Nice! Kingfishers are so much fun to watch.

Allison said...

I enjoy your bird pictures. I'm sort of an amateur birder and love watching them.

janet said...

I love your bird photos! The yellow warblers are so pretty, I've seen them at point pelee in canada. And there are belted kingfishers in a small lake near my home, it's fun to watch them dive. But I don't have a good camera, so I don't get photos. I enjoy yours!

Pam said...

This once again gives me that "fix" that I've needed since leaving St. Louis and moving south. Thanks for the peeks at birds I've never seen before. It's a little bit of MI flying right through the air to me. Pun intended!

Alwen said...

Kittakittakittakitta! (That's my bad kingfisher imitation.

We have yellow warblers down by what used to be a pond. My main flycatcher species are the willow flycatcher (which makes a sound my homebrewer husband has taught me to hear as "Wheat beer!" instead of "fitz bew!") and the kingbird.

Our drain is not deep enough for kingfishers, but I see them along the deeper drains north of here.