Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Panda Soy Socks Finished


This is a yarn experiment pair of socks I knit for sister Carrie's birthday.

She is also getting a nice pair of socks in a Panda Cotton, a yarn she likes, detailed here.
Carrie: We want to know how socks in this yarn wash and wear, even if the news is bad and you never wear or wash them more than once.

Happy Birthday Little Sister!!

Pattern: Basic cuff down sock pattern on 56 stitches. k3p1 ribbing on cuff and instep. I tried several simple stitch patterns, but the yarn is too nubby to show good stitch definition.

Yarn: Crystal Palace Panda Soy, 49% bamboo, 33% Cotton, 18% elastic nylon.

Color: Hazelnuts.

Needles: Options #1, 2.5mm




The phoebes are back.

This picture was taken several weeks ago when the first males arrived.

7 comments:

Judy S. said...

Nice! I really like panda cotton. Sometimes the simplest is just the best choice, isn't it? I love your bird photos.

Alwen said...

The phoebes can come here - we have plenty of black flies for them!

Kathy... said...

Those are totally mind kind of socks....love the color! I'll be watching for the review....

Lisa said...

Even though I don't live that far from you, I have never seen a phoebe here. I did see my first bluebird of the season though. :)

Carrie said...

BOTH pairs of socks arrived today! Thank you so much. I thought I'd never find a pair as pretty and soft as the blue pair from last year, but now I have two more.

The blue pair has been washed many times...the color holds fast, and they still look like new!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Ann said...

Lovely socks & looks really nice & soft. Cotton socks are great on the feet.

kathy b said...

I am working on a 56 stitch fingerless! Love your socks.

Haven't heard a Phoebe for many years. My father's cabin had a resident phoebe. I loved to hear it sing.