Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Friday, January 22, 2010

Ivy Vine Cowl and Flowers in January

Last post said I was going to cast on something small and quick to knit until I got over the pain of frogging a seven inch cuff back to the ribbing.

Then I hopped over to Pat's Knitting and Quilting and spotted the perfect project - Ivy Vines a lacy cowl by Anne Hanson.

If you want to see what the cowl looks like on a human neck, Pat has lovely pictures over on her blog.

While it's the perfect project for a luxury yarn, I didn't have any luxury yarn in a color that would go with my dog walking parka, so I picked a skein of Nature Spun wool instead.


Pattern: Ivy Vines a lacy cowl by Anne Hanson.

Yarn: Nature Spun wool, sport weight.

Color: light gray

Needles: #3 and #4 16" circulars, down a size from what the pattern calls for. Fit is OK but fabric should probably be looser for a better drape. If I knit another, I'll go up a needle size.

Flowers make the perfect gift for a birthday in the middle of January.

Thanks Mom.

No comments: