Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Friday, January 29, 2010

Haloscan and Bloglines

Haloscan
Haloscan, the application and server this blog uses for comments, is shutting down February 11. As I understand it, there will be no way to retain years of my comments unless "someone" writes a program. It didn't sound promising.

Since I'm going to be switching over to Blogger comments, it's the perfect time to do the blog redesign I've been procrastinating for over a year. I'll practice on my old blog Seasons of Violet to get an idea of what I like, but this blog will be seeing major changes before the February 11 deadline.

If you come here and the layout is a mess, it means I'm working on it. At least I hope that's what it means.

Bloglines
Lately I've discovered that some of my favorite blogs are publishing and Bloglines is not picking up the feed. There are other problems with Bloglines that I forgive, but missing out on knowing when my cyber friends post is unforgivable. I want to switch readers, but haven't looked to see what else is available.

If you use a reader you like, would you please leave me a comment and let me know what to check out?

No comments: