Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Chat Back for January 30

Answering questions from comments and email.


Thanks to everyone who left me a comment about using Google Reader.

The switch from Bloglines to Google Reader was completed this morning. In just a few clicks Google grabbed my 116 feeds and their folders. Having the folders come as part of the conversion was a pleasant surprise. I was impressed with how easy it was.

Now I'm getting complete posts for everyone which I really appreciate. Being on dialup it saves so much time.

With minimal fumbling around to see how everything works, I'm fully functional in Google Reader now and love it. Wish I'd converted a long time ago.


Lynn asked . . .
Do you have issues with Lyme Disease in your area?

It's not much of an issue here. We have lots of wood ticks, the kind that don't carry Lyme disease, but I've never noticed one of the smaller deer ticks or known anyone in the area to get Lyme Disease.

Maybe I'm living in ignorance about the possibility, but that's OK. There isn't much I can do about it other than what I'm already doing to avoid getting sucked by the wood ticks.



Jean asked . . .
Do they (the BFF socks) have some give for a better fit or are they stiff because of the cables?

The pattern has just the right amount of give.

The base pattern is a ribbing and there's no problem getting the sock over my instep even though I knit them to be snug fitting.

No comments: