Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Chat Back for January 23

Answering questions from comments and email.



Sheila asked . . .
How do you like knitting with 2 circulars?
I enjoy knitting socks with two circulars, although I use three circulars when picking up the gusset.

I started using circulars about eight years ago when we got our first little dog. She would jump up in my lap without warning or respect for what I was doing and I didn't want her to get hurt on the double points. The circulars just flop down when not in use so they're not as likely to poke a jumping dog or get rammed into me.

Other than the safety factor, I don't have a preference between circulars and double points. Because of the time spend pushing the knitting from one end to the other, the circulars aren't any faster for me.


Kathy B wrote . . .
Sorry you had to frog. Hope the yarn reknits well.

It did reknit well. The Stalwart Sock from Slackford Studio was just like new after I frogged it.


Ann wrote . . .
Hope you have got over the frogging of the BFF sock.

Yes, I'm over it and the cuff is reknit correctly. I'm on the gusset decreases of both socks so they should be done this weekend.


Ice and snow are not the only road hazzards in rural SW Michigan.

No comments: