Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Saturday, January 16, 2010

BFF Socks

I wasn't going to knit any more socks for the Sock Innovation KAL, (a Ravelry link), but I couldn't resist this pattern that was chosen for January. Just what I wanted, a simple, well fitting, pair of socks with a ribbing base.

The pattern is free and comes in three sizes - 56, 64, and 72 stitches.

I wear jeans every day, so this color is just perfect. These socks will be one of the first on my feet every time they're clean and ready to wear.





Pattern: BFF Socks, a free pattern by Cookie A. Size 56 stitches.

Yarn: Stalwart Sock from Slackford Studio. 75% Superwash Merino, 25% Nylon 4 Ply Fingering Weight Sock Yarn.

Color: Billie Jean.

Needles: Options 2.50mm circulars.

Gauge: 8 stitches/inch, 10 rows/inch in stockinette.


Granddaughter Sydney's socks are done. Knit with the yarn she picked out to give me for my birthday.


Pattern: Basic cuff down k1p1 ribbed socks on 48 stitches.

Yarn: On Your Toes. 75% Superwash Wool, 25% Nylon.

Needles: Options 2.50mm circulars.

Gauge: 8 stitches/inch, 10 rows/inch in stockinette.

No comments: