Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

BFF Socks Setback

Last time you saw these socks there were two seven inch cuffs completed and looking good.

It wasn't until I started to pick up gusset stitches for the second sock that I noticed they didn't match. Instead of alternating knit panel - cable panel on the second sock, it had a knit panel on both ends of each needle.

If I had been knitting these socks at the White House, I could have entertained the Obamas with a frogging demonstration.


Pattern: BFF Socks, a free pattern by Cookie A. Size 56 stitches.

Yarn: Stalwart Sock from Slackford Studio. 75% Superwash Merino, 25% Nylon 4 Ply Fingering Weight Sock Yarn.

Color: Billie Jean.

Needles: Options 2.50mm circulars.

Gauge: 8 stitches/inch, 10 rows/inch in stockinette.

Since I only have two projects on the needles, these socks and the ignored for several months but ready to appear again soon red gansey, I'm going to cast on something small and quick to knit until I get over the pain of frogging a seven inch cuff back to the ribbing.

No comments: