Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Fingerless Mitts Finished

All of a sudden while knitting Gail's basic socks, I decided I just had to have a pair of fingerless mittens to wear outside for taking pictures in the cold.

In my bins I found three large swatches of Andean Treasure, 100% baby alpaca, and knew it would be warm and wonderful. The pattern has been in my queue for several years now. Ribbing for fit and a lovely cable knot for beauty. Perfect.

I frogged the swatches and got three balls of yarn, a little kinky but it knit up fine.

The open finger end is long enough so I can curl my frozen fingers into the snugly alpaca when they're not needed for the camera. Now I just need to figure out how to use my camera outdoors in the rain/sleet/snow without the lens getting all wet.


Pattern: Fingerless Gloves. Scroll down for the English translation.

Yarn: Knitpicks Andean Treasure

Color: Trying to remember. I think it was called Fog.

Needles: Options #2/3.00mm circulars.

No comments: