Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Wednesday Wings - Blue Jays

The loud, agressive Blue Jays rank high in the pecking order. When they land on the feeding board, the other birds scurry to get out of their way.

They're a large bird, a little bigger than a robin. The male and female look alike.


Many years ago when we lived in town, one of our animals was trying to mouth a newly fledged jay in the back yard grass. The parents' noise bought DH and me to the rescue.

After pulling off the dog and getting it in the house, I went back out to see if the young jay was OK. When I bent over to look, one of the parents flew down and pecked my butt. A memory that still makes DH laugh while I pretend it wasn't funny.


Today's sky.

No comments: