Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Friday, October 02, 2009

October Sock Innovation KAL Musings

The Sock Innovation KAL, (a Ravelry link) has chosen Wanida as the October sock from the book.

The more I look at this pattern, the more I don't want to knit it.

As frequent readers have read here many times, I don't like baggy socks. I don't see anything in this pattern that looks like it's possible for these socks to stay up. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't want to use any of my beautiful Slackford Studio yarn to test the theory.

I've been reading about a problem with the pattern not corrected in the errata and not easily described. Something about the stitch pattern not lining up properly at the start of the gusset section. I'm pretty sure I can figure it out when I get there, but really. What is it with this book and errors in almost every pattern?

If I don't knit Wanida, it will be the first month I haven't knit the KAL selection. A little more serious, not knitting Wanida will thwart my plan to knit every sock in the book.

I predict that I'll come up with some yarn I feel neutral about, cast on Wanida, and see how it goes.


Clandestine, a free Knitty pattern, is the KAL non-book selection.

This looks like a fun knit. I want to give it a try, but don't have a sock yarn that looks right for it. Of course, I could buy some yarn. Just because I have two different sock yarn orders on the way doesn't mean I can't buy more.

When the orders arrive, I'll see if any of the skeins want to be Clandestine. If not, what is the internet for if not to buy more yarn?

No comments: