Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Monday, September 07, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook for Septmber 7

These writing prompts are available from Simple Woman's Daybook where each Monday we're invited to join in celebrating the beauty of everyday moments around us.

FOR TODAY September 7, 2009...

Outside my window...
The frumpy funny fledglings are discovering the ease of eating seed at the bird feeder.

This a a young house finch in the process of growing his adult feathers.


I am thinking...
The area I just cleared of Lily of the Valley in the front yard will make a perfect Sedum garden. I have five different types of Sedum to fill it and it would be fun to collect more.

I am thankful for...
My brother Dave.

He's been a rock for me this summer in so many different ways.


From the kitchen... Wondering what to fix for dinner. I wish the cook didn't have the day off.

I am wearing... Jean shorts and a navy tee shirt John and Anne brought back from Australia in 2004. It reads "Cairns Australia" and has little pictures of Australian animals.

I am creating...
Socks.

This is the Angee pattern from Cookie A's Sock Innovation book.

The yarn is Red Oak Stalwart Sock from Slackford Studio.


I am reading...
Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett.
"The epic story of the building of a cathedral in 12th century England and the lives of the people entwined with it and each other is a sensuous, enduring narrative, and a gripping tale of faith, ambition, bloodshed and betrayal."
This book was first published in 1989, 20 years ago. How come I haven't read it until now?

It's not great literature, but it is a very entertaining, well written, absorbing read.

I'm on the library waiting list for the sequel, World Without End


I am hoping... For an easy winter this year. We're due.

I am hearing... The sound of fireworks? People in SW Michigan seem to have Labor Day confused with the 4th of July?

One of my favorite things...
The hummingbirds are getting their last sips from the feeders before heading south. Soon our residents will be gone, although an occasional migrant will stop in for a drink on into the autumn.

(It's the hummers that are one of my favorite things, not the fact that they're leaving.)


A few plans for the rest of the week:
Bob has several medical appointments.
Wednesday is lunch with a friend, grocery shopping, and errands.
Thursday a crane is coming to lift the huge fallen willow tree off the barn and the septic system.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...
Red Squirrel says, "Now that I've shown her I can get inside the house she's more conscientious about making sure there are plenty of seeds in the outside feeder."

No comments: