Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Monday, September 28, 2009

Bob's Birthday Socks Finished

It's been a cold, dark, rainy, very windy day in SW Michigan. On the radio this morning the weatherman described today's weather as "A taste of November."

I know what November is like. There was no need for a preview in September.

DH Bob likes heavy socks so his birthday socks are worsted weight knit tight so he can pad around the house in stocking feet.

While I was at it, I used the leftover yarn to knit him a matching hat. It fits me perfectly, so I'm not so sure it's going to work for him. It may end up being mine.

His birthday is Friday and he's going to be 39 again. Only a few people know how old he really is and we've been pledged to secrecy.

Here's a clue: Today he asked me, "Do you remember when a cup of coffee was a nickel and refills were free?"


Pattern: The socks are a basic k3p1 cuff down with heel flap. The Jacques Cousteau Hat is a free pattern found here.

Yarn:Patternworks Bretton. 70% superwash wool, 25% nylon, 5% alpaca with Opal carried along. The top of the hat is double Bretton. I ran out of the Opal.

Color: Bretton is Forest Heather. Opal is Rainforest Raupe.

Needles: #5 for the socks, #7 for the hat.

No comments: