Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Thursday, July 09, 2009

Hedera Socks Finished

Hedera is an easy knit with very pretty results.

Using 2.25mm needles, they fit my narrow feet. In the future I'm going to try to avoid knitting Opal sock yarn on 2.25m needles. The yarn is a little too heavy to be comfortable on my hands knitting that tight.


In most of the Cookie patterns I've knit, the knit 2 together and slip, slip, knit for the gusset reduction is done on the first and last two stitches of the heel needle. I've always done them one stitch in from the edge, but I'm finding I like the looks of Cookie's way just as well, if not better.

I think for plain socks, the one stitch in is attractive. For the more complex Cookie stitch patterns, Having the decrease on the edge looks just right.


Pattern: Hedera, a free online pattern.

Yarn: Opal, 75% Superwash wool, 25% Nylon.

Color: UNI-Solid Grape

Needles: Options 2.25mm circulars.

No comments: