Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Pomatomus Finished

Pomatomus by Cookie A. was one of the May pattern selections for the Sock Innovation KAL, (a Ravelry link).

When I started it toward the end of May, I knew I wasn't going to get it done in time to count for the KAL, but I wanted to knit it anyway. And, I'm so glad I did.


These socks are for me, modeled on my skinny feet and fitting perfectly. I used 2.5mm needles and didn't make one single change to the pattern, so the snug fit was a pleasant surprise.


Once again, I have to give kudos to the yarn. It's firm with good stitch definition at the same time being soft and cuddly, and the colors are so pretty.

As of right now, Susan has a skein of this green (Origanum - many shades of beautiful green.) in her Etsy shop, Slackford Studio. And some other very lovely colors dyed just perfectly for complex Cookie A. patterns.

Sorry, but I already scarfed up a wonderful blue blend and pretty red blend to use for future Cookie A. socks in the KAL.


Pattern: Pomatomus by Cookie A. (A free pattern)

Yarn: Stalwart Sock from Slackford Studio. 75% Superwash Merino, 25% Nylon 4 Ply Fingering Weight Sock Yarn.

Color: Origanum

Needles: Options 2.5mm circulars.

No comments: