Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Wednesday Wings - Nesting Update

The nestbox is getting - - what's a nice word for it? A little crusty?

The bluebird chicks are twelve days old, getting old enough to jump out of the nestbox prematurely. Today will be the last time I open this nestbox until after the chicks have fledged.


While hiking out to the bluebird nestbox, I spotted this robin sitting on a nest about six feet up in a small tree.

When I took her picture, she left the nest with loud protests.


I went back to the house to get a stool to stand on and used my little camera to hold over the nest and get a picture of the contents.

While hiking back from the bluebird nestbox, I peeked over and noticed Mother Robin was back on the nest. I pretended I didn't see her and kept on walking.


No changes in the Tree Swallow nestbox. The eggs should be hatching soon.

No comments: