Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Friday, February 27, 2009

Peace Fleece Gansey Finished

Last week I finished the Peace Fleece Gansey for some child in Akkol, Kazakakhstan.




It was a fun knit. No seams. Interesting little stitch patterns to keep me going. The excitement of wondering if I was going to run out of yarn.


Pattern: Making it up as I knit using the techniques from Knitting Ganseys by Beth Brown-Reinsel, a most excellent tutorial on knitting gansey style sweaters. There are no seams, no sewing, in this sweater.

Yarn: Peace Fleece, heavy, coarse worsted weight 30% mohair, 70% wool. A gift from friend Sherry.

Color: Blueberry Borscht.

Needles: Options #8.

Gauge: 4 stitches/inch, 6 rows/inch.

Since I didn't run out of yarn, I decided to continue the excitement and see if I could get a hat out of the leftovers.

Success! There's no flap to fold up, but this yarn is so heavy and warm it isn't going to stop some child from having warm ears.

No comments: