Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Friday, January 09, 2009

Snow and Start of Cabled Vest

It's been snowing all day. I'm not whining, just reporting.

That's one of my few New Year's resolutions - to stop whining about the weather when the weather is normal for the season.

This winter started in November while it still should have been autumn and, I admit, I whined. Now it's January and cold with snow is normal January weather in Michigan. I'm done whining about it until March 15 when the robins return and spring is supposed to begin.

Any snow that happens after March 15 will be whined about.


My new knitting project is a vest for Mom. She asked for a washable vest "like the socks you knit for me."

I picked Patternworks Bretton for the yarn and Mom picked the color. Bretton is a lovely, soft yarn with a slight halo. Very alpacaish in nature although it's only 5% alpaca. Patternworks calls Bretton a DK weight, but it could easily be used for a sport weight pattern.

Bretton is discounted if bought by the bag. With the 25% nylon content, leftover skeins are perfect for socks.


Pattern: Cabled Vest, a Martha Hall design exclusively from Patternworks. Free with Bretton yarn purchase.

Yarn: Patternworks Bretton. 70% superwash wool, 25% nylon, 5% alpaca.

Color: Pink Diamond.

Needles: Addi Turbo #6.

Gauge: 6 stitches/inch in pattern.

No comments: