Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Monday, January 12, 2009

Simple Woman Prompts for January 12

These writing prompts are available from Simple Woman's Daybook where each Monday we're invited to join in celebrating the beauty of everyday moments around us.


FOR TODAY January 12, 2009 ...

Outside my window... The birds are gobbling up the seed. I love knowing I can make this difficult winter a little easier for them.


I am thinking... That all my efforts to get the car shoveled out of the driveway after 15 inches of snow this weekend may be for aught because another winter storm warning has been issued for this evening and all day tomorrow.

I am thankful for... Being retired so I don't "have" to go anywhere when the roads are slippery and/or visibility is poor. Now I need to learn to relax and enjoy this luxury instead of being annoyed when my plans are cancelled.

From the learning rooms... Do trumpet lessons count? I'm working on hitting the F above tuning C with ease. Right now it only happens sometime.

From the kitchen... I'm trying not to think about food because I need to lose ten pounds.

I am wearing... Gray sweat pants and a gray, long sleeved insulated underwear shirt. Not very charming, but comfortable and easy to pile layers on when I go outdoors.

I am creating... Knitting away on Mom's pink vest. It's 268 stitches around with cables so progress is slow.


I am going... To doggy school with Sunny tonight if it looks like we will get home before the storm starts. And, of course, if I'm done shoveling out the driveway.

I am reading...
Just finished Charlotte MacLeod's Rest You Merry, a Christmas gift from my mother.

Very well written and fun to read. I'll be looking for other Charlotte MacLeod books at the library.


I am hoping... That the two winter storms forecast for this week fizzle out before they get to SW Michigan. I have places I want to go, things I want to do besides shoveling.

It's obvious by my answers that our harsh winter is dominating life right now. Not a whine, just an observation.

I am hearing... Quiet except for the hum of DH Bob's desktop computer. All three dogs are sleeping. Walking in the deep snow makes them very tired. Me too.

Around the house... We have enough supplies to easily get us through a week of being snowed in.

One of my favorite things... My "Forget the whales, save the working woman!" mug was a gift from daughter Heather over twenty-five years ago when she was just starting high school and I was a working woman. It is sooooo 80's.

I hauled it out of the cupboard today to use it for some hot chocolate and realized that it's now over 25 years old.


A few plans for the rest of the week:
  • Monday night Sunny and I go to doggy school.
  • Tuesday is a stay home day. Winter storm expected.
  • Wednesday is trip to library and grocery store in the morning, trumpet lesson in Kalamazoo in the evening.
  • Thursday afternoon I have a haircut appointment in Kalamazoo. In the evening Pappy and I go to doggy school.
  • Sunny needs to go to the vet for her annual shots and checkup.
  • I will continue knitting on Mom's vest and start thinking about some charity knitting.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...

I must remember to look at the beauty and be thankful for indoor plumbing and central heating.

No comments: