Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Friday, August 01, 2008

Round and Round I Go

When I knit the sample swatch for this yarn, I thought it was nice that it didn't slide around on the needles. I was able to make very even and precise stitches.

Now that I'm knitting endless stockinette, I find it hurting my hands - and my shoulders, neck, and back. If I knit too long on it, I get a headache.

I feel like a kid being punished for breaking my "NO SILK" rule.

So far I'm seven inches up the body knit in the round.

A big part of the problem is my desire to knit a firm fabric. I'm using #4 needles. The yarn would be more comfortable to knit on #6 or larger needles. But I'm not starting over now. It may be a pain to knit, but it's very pretty and I'm going to continue on limiting myself to 9 rows of 250 stitches a day.

Guess that means I need to start another project. Time to pull out some sock yarn.


Pattern: My own creation. I think I'm going to call it "Painful Pearl".

Yarn: Elann Soie Lin. DK weight. 70% silk, 30% linen.

Color: Seed Pearl.

Needles: Options #4.

Gauge: 6.26 stitches/inch, 9 rows/inch after washing.

No comments: