Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Friday, May 23, 2008

Twists in the Mist Progress

The sweater is being knit seamless, in the round, so it's taken a week to get to the underarm split.

Plans are to have a square neckline and short, but not too short, sleeves. I haven't decided if I'm going to use a twist stitch pattern on the sleeves or just knit them in the ribbing pattern.

So far I'm finding the Comfy yarn a pleasure to knit. Even at the tight gauge I'm using, it knits smooth and quick with no splitting.


As the picture shows, Comfy is giving good stitch definition with the twist stitch patterns.


Pattern: The twist stitch center panel is from the third Barbara Walker Treasury - Three Diamonds flanked by Braid X. The rest I'm making up as I go along.

Yarn: Knitpicks Comfy, Worsted weight. 75% Pima cotton, 25% acrylic.

Color: Lilac Mist.

Needles: Options #4

Gauge: 5.5 stitches/inch, 8 rows/inch.

No comments: