Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Saturday, April 19, 2008

April Showers Bring May Monkeys

It rained today.

Not much. Just enough for me to decide some indoor knitting time was in order.


Daughter Heather with a mid-May birthday requested black birthday socks.

This is my first experience knitting black socks. I started out with a simple lace pattern. It looked awful. I blamed the pattern and frogged it.

Next, I cast on both socks and knit the cuff ribbings for Shetland Lace Rib Socks. I knew I would like this pattern. It's mine, free on the sidebar.

It took three repeats of the lace pattern before I could no longer ignore the facts. The Shetland Lace pattern did not look pretty in black. It looked like a lumpy sock cuff full of mistakes.

I frogged both Shetland Lace socks, took a deep breath, and decided to try Monkey Socks.

Perfect! This is just what the black Regia silk wants to be.


Pattern: Monkey by Cookie A. in Knitty, Winter 2006.

Yarn: Regia Silk

Color: Black

Needles: Options 2.5

Gauge: 8 stitches/inch, 10 rows/inch

No comments: