Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Sunday, December 30, 2007

Monkeys Done, Anne's Steps Started

These 64 stitch socks would never have fit my narrow feet using my old 2.5mm Addi Turbos.

The Options 2.25mm needles are opening all kinds of new pattern possibilities for me. And I love the points on them.


Pattern: Monkey Socks by Cookie A. in Winter 2006 Knitty

Yarn: Opal sock yarn, 75% wool, 25% nylon

Color: UNI-Solid Green (#40)

Needles: Options 2.25mm 24" circulars

Gauge: 8.5 stitches/inch, 11 rows/inch in stockinette

I had forgotten how soft this yarn feels. It's a very pleasurable knit so I'm trying to enjoy the process and not hurry.

At the same time, I'm trying to hurry because I need to get these socks in the mail soon if they're going to make Idaho by the 10th, Anne's birthday.


Pattern: Basic sock with k3,p1 ribbing on cuff and instep

Yarn: Austermann Step with Aloe Vera and Jojoba Oil

Color: Gray, purple, and tan

Needles: Options 2.5mm 24" circulars

Gauge: 8 stitches/inch, 10 rows/inch

No comments: