Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Autumn Song Finished

No modeled shot yet. It's still a little damp in places.


How to block the shoulder saddles was a bit of a puzzle with the leaves and acorns puffing out across the tops of the sleeves. I may have to give blocking a second try if they don't behave themselves once I get the sweater on. What I really need is a mannequin so I can dry the sleeves in a round shape.

A few other Herbstlied knitters sewed shut the hole at the base of the leaves. None of the holes hit me in a critical place, so I don't plan on doing that.



On the left is the top half of a sleeve. On the right, the bottom half of a sleeve.

The pattern called for eight leaf/acorn sets up each sleeve, too long for my short arms. Seven sets would have been just right, but the design needed an even number of sets to use the pattern neck chart.

I recharted the sleeves for six sets of leaf/acorns and made up the difference with longer cuffs. I love the look of the lacy ribbing.


Pattern: Herbstlied (Autumn Song) from New Style of Heirloom Knitting.

Yarn: Knitpicks Wool of the Andes, 100% wool.

Color: Firecracker heather

Needles: Options #5.

Gauge: 5.5 stitches/inch, 8.4 rows/inch in pattern

Click on the label Herbstlied at the end of this post to see all posts on this blog mentioning Herbstlied.

No comments: