Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Tuesday Tidbits

Autumn Song
Thank you for all the kind and encouraging comments on the Regrets on Missing Cable post.

I'm over my disappointment and looking forward to finishing the sweater soon. Estimated completion is this weekend or early next week.

It's time to sew things together. I'm capable of postponing that task for weeks so I mention a completion time to put some pressure on myself.

Surprise in the Mail
What's a better surprise than unexpected, gorgeous yarn in the mail?

Joanne in Oregon sent this Fancy Image hand dyed sock yarn by Myra at Fancy Image Yarns in Shelton, Washington. Isn't it pretty? It will be fun to try a new yarn. Thanks Joanne.

She also sent a sweet card featuring one of her bearded collies, champion Cee Cee.


The Castle Mouser
Pappy is growing out his winter coat, although so far we haven't had much winter. That's not a complaint. The longer winter takes to get here, the shorter it will be.

Here he is doing some serious rodent hunting in the late autumn weeds. I had no idea the field was full of shrews until Pappy started catching them this summer. I thought they were baby moles until someone straightened me out.


Sydney and Grandma on U Tube
For those who follow the family, there are some Sydney videos on John's Blog. There's one where I'm calling Sydney with a plastic pail over my head so my voice will echo. Yes, I do have fun in Idaho.

Just to prove it, here's a picture John sent. There are more in his latest Picture Trail album Fall Pictures of Sydney.

No comments: