Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Old Socks and Fat Toad

Monday night at Sunny's new doggy school class someone came up to me and asked if I had knit my socks. And could she see them.

I had on seven (?) year old baggy, pilly, Opal Tiger socks. They were knit before I learned how to fit my feet. I wear them for cool weather gardening and lawn mowing and other occasions where I don't expect anyone to notice my socks. Like doggy school.

We didn't have much time to talk, but she admitted to being a sock knitter and nodded toward another woman with a golden retriever who also knits socks.

Next Monday I have to wear some socks that are a bit more impressive. My pride is on the line.


Maybe I can find a few more bugs to scarf down before I have to hibernate for the winter.

No comments: