Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Friday, October 05, 2007

Electric Slides Finished, Acorn Progress

I enjoyed everything about knitting these socks.

The 2.25 mm Harmony needles were a pleasure. The resulting socks fit and the fabric is nice and firm, but not too stiff.

Opal yarn is my all time favorite. The Neon colors are attractive and the color bursts are short enough so I didn't get unattractive pooling.

The pattern was interesting but not mind boggling. It's my very favorite type of sock stitch pattern - something pretty with a ribbing base. (Sorry to mention that since the pattern is not available right now.)

Pattern: Electric Slide by Megan Humphrey.

This pattern is not available for distribution yet. I'll be sure and blog about it when the pattern is ready for everyone.

Yarn: Opal

Color: Neon 1931

Needles: Knitpicks Harmony 2.25 mm


If this is the sweater back, then this picture is the sweater front.

The front and back are identical and six oak leaves in length. I'm at the beginning of oak leaf five on both pieces.

Now the pattern gets very confusing (at least to me). The neck decreases are graphed in chart pieces that are supposed to replace pieces of the main chart. It's desk, highlighter, scissors, and tape time before I continue knitting.


Pattern: Herbstlied (Autumn Song) from New Style of Heirloom Knitting.

Yarn: Knitpicks Wool of the Andes, 100% wool.

Color: Firecracker heather

Needles: Options #5.

Gauge: 5.5 stitches/inch, 8.4 rows/inch in pattern

Click on the label Herbstlied at the end of this post to see all posts on this blog mentioning Herbstlied.

Tentative plans are to knit the front and back to the point where they start to funnel up the neckline with the saddles, knit the sleeves to the same point, join the sleeves and finish off the neckline in the round.

As written, the pattern has 8 oak leaves up one sleeve. I think eight will make the sleeves too long for me. I'll block the front and back, carefully measure row gauge, and recalculate the sleeves before casting on.

If anyone reads Japanese and knows how the pattern intends the neck to be knit, I'm curious to know. But I'd probably do it my way even if I could read the pattern notes.

No comments: