Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Friday, September 28, 2007

Friday's Feast for September 28

It's Friday, so let's have a Feast.

But first, let me ask you a question.

What does the Ravelry slogan "where my stitches at?™" come from? What does it mean? Is this cool talk I should understand?

Please please enlighten me. It's driving me to distraction every time I go the Ravelry website and see this wretched English.

Appetizer - How are you today?

Very well, thank you.

Soup - Name 3 television shows you watch on a regular basis.

None. We don't have cable and haven't invested in a dish. We listen to the radio, audio books, and do a lot of reading.

Salad - What’s the scariest weather situation you’ve experienced?

Driving in a blizzard and getting into a whiteout condition.

It was like someone threw a blanket over the car. I couldn't see one inch out of the window and had to stop. There was much worry about what idiots on the road weren't going to stop until they plowed into my car. (This is how multicar pileups happen during snowstorms.)

Staying in the car is risky. Leaving the car is suicidal. Aided by the total feelings of helplessness and disorientation, the only thing it makes any sense to do is throw up.

Main Course - If you could wake up tomorrow morning in another country, where would you want to be?

Switzerland, original home of my maternal grandparents and my mother's birthplace.

Dessert - What do you usually wear to sleep?

A long cotton tee in the warm weather and a warm flannel nightgown the other nine months of the year.

A good flannel nightgown is hard to find. Especially in a petite size so my hands aren't covered by the sleeves.

Just last night I decided my favorite flannel nightgown was worn threadbare and ordered another exactly like it from L.L.Bean.

How sweet that I was able to purcahse a duplicate five years after the original purchase.

No comments: