Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Thursday, September 13, 2007

Dogs Speak Out on Road Construction

I'm Glory, the "big dog".

Unlike the little dogs, I've learned to deal with the road construction. In fact, some things about it are even fun.

My favorite part of road construction is the nightly drive down to the far end of the road to pick up the mail. I'm always the first one in the car and ready to drive if need be.

There's never been so many things to bark at. I especially like to bark when one of the men slams their truck door. All I have to do is one good bark and the silly little dogs are up and at attention barking right along with me. The three of us barking together are almost as loud as the construction equipment.


I'm Sunny, the princess.

Evidently the construction workers don't honor royalty. I want to take a nap, but I can't sleep with a bulldozer working in the front yard.

Isn't it time for those guys to go home?


I'm Pappy, the littlest dog.

I'm not a youngster anymore and I need my naps. It's impossible to sleep properly around here in the daytime. Every time I doze off, there's a big noise and/or Glory thinks it's time to bark at the construction guys.

I am so tired.

No comments: