Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Friday, August 17, 2007

Friday's Feast for August 17

It's Friday, so let's have a Feast.

Appetizer
Describe your laundry routine. Do you have a certain day when you do it all, or do you just wash whatever you need for the next day?


For the last few years I've been doing it all on the same day.

Lately, to vary the process, I've been using a three week rotation schedule:
  • Week 1: a) Darks including jeans and b) reds
  • Week 2: a) Medium cool colors and b) medium warm colors
  • Week 3: a) Whites and b) Miscellaneous fragile things

Bedding is washed on the day I change the bed.

Throw rugs are washed when decide they're dirty.

I'm not strict with myself about this schedule. All types of variations happen depending on how disciplined I decide to be in any given week. Right now I'm behind with the laundry schedule but we're not out of anything critical.

Soup
In your opinion, what age will you be when you’ll consider yourself to truly be old?


110.

Salad
What is one of your goals? Is it short-term, long-term, or both?


My long term goal is to maintain my weight at five pounds less than I weight today.

My short term goal is to get back to that weight.

I'm blaming the extra pounds on the road construction. Why not? Road construction is a very convenient scapegoat for everything.

Main Course
Name something unbelievable you’ve seen or read lately.


Dorothy, a blogging friend who lives in the Northwest is getting the road where she lives lowered eight feet. Her driveway will be unusable for at least 56 hours twice.

Trying to guess why the road lowering is necessary and how they're going to match up the newly lowered road with her driveway both stump my imagination. I'm hoping she posts pictures and explanations on her blog.

Dessert
On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being highest, how happy are you today?


7

Although I have no major life problems, the stress, noise, and dust of the road construction continues.

The bulldozers are digging a huge trench for the new road bed (the road is moving 5 feet in our direction). Looks like they won't reach our former yard until next week.

Road construction disrupts normal life and upsets the dogs.

Pappy finally gave in to doggy road construction stress by scratching and chewing on himself creating two hot spots, one on his right rear hip and one on the base of his tail.

Hotspots grow quickly. I rescheduled a haircut to get him immediately to the vet for a steroid shot, antibiotic, and a topical power for the pain. When he stopped his frantic scratching and biting, he was so tired he didn't even want to go for a walk. He's been sleeping almost constantly for more than 24 hours.

Good thing he's getting rested before the bulldozer arrives.

No comments: