Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Friday, June 22, 2007

Friday's Feast for June 22

It's Friday, so let's have a Feast.

Appetizer
Name a funny habit you have.


According to DH Bob, it's not being able to throw away food.

Instead, the unwanted food goes into the refrigerator where it works its way to the back and remains until totally uneatable. Then, it can be thrown away.

I don't find this funny (as in ha-ha) or funny (as in weird) at all. But, I asked and he answered. So, there it is.

Soup
If you could instantly know how to play a musical instrument, which one would you pick?


Trumpet.

Because my brother makes the best trumpets in the world.


Salad
How long is your hair?


Short.



Main Course
When was the last time you forgave someone, and who was it?


Yesterday I forgave myself for thinking I could save money doing the oil change on my new John Deere tractor by myself.

I couldn't even figure out how to get the hood up. It goes up backward from a car hood. There's no latch (which explains why I couldn't find a latch), it just needs a strong tug.

The instructions used words I didn't understand well enough to translate into action, like "gasket" and "valve". A large wrench and DH's muscles were required to get the oil filter off.

Thanks to DH Bob's help, the oil change is done. But from now on the dealer is doing the maintenance.

Dessert
What is your favorite kitchen appliance?


Microwave. How did we ever get along without it?

No comments: