Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Monday, May 28, 2007

Royal Rainbow Socks Done

Pattern: Royal Rainbow by Megan Humprey. A seven stitch gansey type zigzag. To my knowledge this sock pattern is not available for distribution.

Yarn: Opal sock yarn, 75% wool, 25% nylon

Color: Feeling 1705.

Needles: Addi Turbo #1

Gauge: 8 stitches/inch, 10 rows/inch

Click on picture for closer look.

In the original pattern the eighth stitch purl dip was a knit stitch. As is my habit, I turned it into a purl stitch so the socks have a wide ribbing and snugger fit.

Also, I used 56 stitches instead of 64 to better fit my narrow feet.

I felt like something easy this weekend, so finished these socks. I think they're the brightest socks I've ever knit. I like them.

If only I wore yellow. There isn't a single yellow garment in my closet except these socks. Are socks considered garments?

1 comment:

Jenna said...

If the sock pattern is not available anymore, is it possible to get the pattern repeat so we can use the stitch pattern with other sock patterns?