Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Saturday, January 13, 2007

Sky, Socks, and Shade of Purple

Monotone gray Saturday Sky for January 13, 2007 with brown landscapeWhen the sky is monotone dreary, I like to include some bleak landscape in the Saturday sky picture for more interest.

My personal rule: If it's winter and the roads are safe and the power is on, I will not complain about the weather. So, if this sounds like complaining, it isn't.

Last week we had unseasonably warm weather, but the temps have fallen back below freezing today in preparation to deliver the snow and sleet forecast for tomorrow (Sunday).



Raggi CIC socksThe little balls of Raggi left over from my Raggi socks were sitting on the table near my favorite knitting spot.

A few evenings ago when I couldn't face knitting another row of Peerie Brocade (yes, I'm plugging away at that second sleeve), I picked up some size 5 needles, took a guess at how big I could make CIC socks with the leftover Raggi, cast on 32 stitches, and enjoyed knitting these pretty little things.

I think they're just big enough to qualify for the CIC_Knit List big kids challenge. If not, some little CIC kid can wear them and be warmer.

Pattern: Basic 32 stitch sock with k3p1 ribbing cuff and instep

Yarn: Jarbo Garn Raggi, 70% wool, 30% nylon, heavy worsted weight available at Patternworks

Color: 1562 - denim surprise

Needles: Addi Turbo #5

Gauge: 5 stitches/inch, 7 rows/inch in stockinette



This quiz does an excellent job of taking some of my personality challenges and stating them as positive attributes. Also, I like the color grape a lot.

You Are Grape

You are bold and a true individual. You are very different and very okay with that.
People know you as a straight shooter. You're very honest, even when the truth hurts.
You are also very grounded and practical. No one is going to sneak anything by you.
People enjoy your fresh approach to life. And it's this honesty that makes you a very innovative person.

No comments: