Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Another CIC Sweater Done

Finished Cosy in Checks for CIC

Pattern: Cozy in Checks Toddler Sweater - making it up as I knit it

Yarn: Knitpicks Wool of the Andes Bulky

Color: Grape

Needles: Addi Turbo #9

Gauge: 4 stitches/inch, 6 rows/inch in check pattern, 5 rows/inch in stockinette

I'm still liking the Wool of the Andes Bulky yarn, which, in my opinion, is more like a heavy worsted.

Knitting this sweater on #9s, I got 4 stitches an inch. I just started a second sweater with it and I'm using #7 needles for a 4.5 stitches/inch. At that gauge it's a nice, firm fabric but not so tight that it hurts my hands to knit it.

The Wool of the Andes yarn label says #10 - #11 needles for 3 to 3.75 stitches/inch. Don't knit it at that gauge unless you want a saggy, baggy garment.

Several readers have asked that I publish this pattern. I confess I knit it without writing very much down. Plus, I'm not totally happy with the sleeves. They taper too quick and are a bit too short to be a standard size.

In order to publish the pattern, I need to knit a second Cozy in Checks sweater with some minor changes and write down the knitting details. Then, I need to knit a third sweater to test knit what I wrote.

I would like to do that, but it won't happen soon. I'm aiming for sometime before winter is over.

No comments: