Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Grumble Grumble

5th day of gray skiesGrumble 1, The Weather
We in Michigan are not accustomed to having day after day of dark clouds and drizzle. I've lost count of the dreary days, but I know the weekend was this way so we're at least on Day 5. Therefore, we're in grumble mode.


Sunny sleeping on the sofa in the back roomSunny doesn't like to be wet.

Since she can't talk, her frequent naps are her method of grumbling about the weather.


Grumble 2, My Knitting
I would like to be knitting some Christmas socks for dog trainer Gail. My plan is to use Opal Magic and see if I can get something that looks like a paw print in the wide color band.

Instead, I'm knitting on Bob's Boring Birthday Socks, given that name because the yarn is boring and the pattern is boring.

I would like to be playing with my new yarn and trying to come up with a new toddler sweater pattern for CIC.

Instead, I still have two sleeves to knit on my second Lopi Cozy in Cables Sweater.

Also, I really need to take some knitting time and use it to sew Grasshopper together. Sewing is not my favorite thing, but it would be fun to wear it now that it's cool outside.

And, then there is Peerie Brocade. After twelve inches on 248 stitches, I haven't touched it in several weeks and I'm not looking forward to getting back to it. I'm not sure if it's the project or my current mood, but there have been occasional thoughts of frogging it and using the yarn for CIC knitting.

No comments: