Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Monday, August 07, 2006

Monday Miscellany

Mom
Thank you so much for all the sympathy, kind wishes, and helpful comments on Mom's accident.

Her face looks better every day and we're hoping for a much lighter, shorter, maybe even waterproof cast when we visit the cute orthopedic doctor on Friday.

FLAK is Finished!
It's been washed and is drying on a big towel on the back room floor.

I'm planning plenty of pictures along with some discussion of how I reduced for the lower ribbing, picked up stitches for the collar, and cuffed the sleeves.

Post Project Depression?
A few weeks ago the Knitter's Review Poll asked: Have you ever experienced post-project depression?

With almost 1,500 responses, 27% answered "sometimes" and 8% answered "yes".

My answer was No! Never! Are you kidding?

Sometimes I get depressed because I wish I'd never started the project. Or the sleeves are taking forever. I often experience a letdown about half way though a project as my mind rushes ahead to five more things I want to knit when the project is done. But anything I finish is celebrated by posting a picture on Stitches of Violet and picking up the next project.

Guess that makes me a fickle knitter.

22
I've always considered 22 to be my special number, so I was surprised to see it when I entered my date into this Lifepath Number generator.

Your Life Path Number is 22

Your purpose in life is to use your power for good

Of all the life paths, yours has the most innate power.
Your power lies in your vision, and you must recruit others to help you in this vision.
You are able to be a great idealist, but you still have the practicality to get things done.

In love, you tend to be a big romantic - but you also tend to keep your distance.

You have a lot of potential, and it's sometimes hard to live up to.
Sometimes you just feel like slipping into obscurity and doing nothing.
You tend to be prone to dramatic emotions, until you step back and look at things honestly.

No comments: