Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Friday, July 28, 2006

Acorn Socks Done and Back to FLAK

Finished acorn lace socksPattern: #324 from The New Knitting Stitch Library by Lesley Stanfield. I call it Acorn Lace.

Yarn: Opal sock yarn, 75% wool, 25% nylon

Color: Vintage Opal #176

Needles: Addi Turbo #1

Gauge: 8 stitches/inch, 10 rows/inch

Done. They fit perfectly and I'm happy with them even though they're not like I imagined when I started knitting them.

If you missed my rant on too much black and upside down acorns, it's here.


Close up of acorn lace stitchesZooming in on the acorn lace and then rotating the picture 180 degrees, the acorns look like this.

It's a lovely lace pattern that I plan to use again someday, only I'll knit it right side up.


FLAK on July 28, 2006Pattern: Follow the Leader Aran by Janet Szabo

Yarn: Elann's Peruvian Highland Wool

Color: Antique Rose

Needles: US #5

Gauge: 22 stitches/4 inches in Moss Stitch

Remember FLAK? Which I set aside for two months because I said it was too hot to knit on it?

I think I lied. Truth is, I feel like knitting on it now and have completed 12 rows in the last 24 hours even though it is too hot and muggy to move without sweating.

Weather forecast is for even hotter weather (mid 90s) the next few days, so maybe it is too hot. I plan to give FLAK a good try though. I'm in the mood for finishing it so I can start the Aran with Set-in Sleeves
in the back of Janet's new book, Aran Sweater Design.

Has anyone else started the set-in sleeve sweater?

No comments: