Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Friday, June 02, 2006

Pictures of Finished Barbara Shawl

Barbara shawl from the frontPattern: Barbara from Stahman Shawls and Scarves

Yarn: Louet Euroflax linen, fingering weight.

Used two 570 yard cones with only a few yards left over. Too scary for me. Next time I'm ordering three cones so I can relax and make the shawl a little longer.

Color: Gray

Needles: #4 Inox Gray (teflon), recommended by Fluffy Knitter Deb as the best needle for knitting the strong willed linen.


Barbara shawl from the sideOnce I got used to knitting the linen yarn I didn't find it difficult. It became normal to uncross stitches that arranged themselves out of order on the needle.

I've read that some knitters prewash their linen and beat the yarn into submission before trying to knit with it. I understand why that would be beneficial, but wasn't ambitious enough to try it with a 570 yard cone.


Barbara shawl from the backI love the way the Faroese shaping fits my shoulders and doesn't fall off. The shawl is comfortable to wear and the linen is light and perfect for summer.

No comments: