Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Monday, May 01, 2006

Weekend Finished Objects

Opal Chameleon socks from Eagle's Flight pattern Pattern: Eagle's Flight by Megan Humphrey

Yarn: Opal sock yarn, 75% wool, 25% nylon

Color: Rainforest Chameleon

Needles: Addi Turbo #1

Gauge: 8 stitches/inch, 10 rows/inch

Heather's birthday socks done with two weeks to spare!

The color pattern almost overwhelms the stitch pattern, but somehow the total effect is rather chameleon like. Heather is the type of person who appreciates something unique. I predict that she will like these socks. Since she's a very thoughtful and kind person, I doubt I'll ever know if she doesn't.

Next birthday is Mom's in mid June. Plenty of time to knit her something nice. The ideas are churning around in my head. Round and round they go and when they stop, I'll cast on.



CIC Vest IPattern: What's In My Pocket Vest by Claudia Krisniski with a simple knit/purl pattern for interest.

Yarn:Knitpicks Sierra, 70% wool, 30% alpaca

Color:Pool

Needles: Addi Turbo #10.5

Gauge: 3 stitches/inch, 4 rows/inch

April/May is CIC Vest and Sweater challenge time. Our CIC_Knit List goal is 400 and it was past time for me to start knitting on my personal goal of 4.

This vest sat partially done in my knitting basket for several months until Saturday when I fished it out and finished it up.


CIC Vest II Pattern: What's In My Pocket Vest by Claudia Krisniski using the Eagle's Flight stitch pattern instead of stockinette.

Yarn:Knitpicks Sierra, 70% wool, 30% alpaca

Color:Pool

Needles: Addi Turbo #10.5

Gauge: 3 stitches/inch, 4 rows/inch

It was a rainy weekend, so after finishing the first vest, I cast on for a second one using the Eagle's flight stitch pattern on the front and back. This is the stitch pattern from the Opal Chameleon socks so I had it fresh on my brain. The vest knit up very quickly.

I've never measured and have no proof of this, but I think it's quicker to knit a CIC vest than a pair of CIC socks.

No comments: