Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

John's Birthday Socks

John's Birthday Socks out of Opal Lollipop 1211Pattern: Basic Sock

Yarn: Opal sock yarn, 75% wool, 25% nylon

Color: Lollipop 1011

Needles: Addi Turbo #1

Gauge: 8 stitches/inch, 10 rows/inch

This yarn started out in Idaho. I bought it in Coeur d'Alene last October. Now it's headed back to Idaho transformed into socks for son John to celebrate his March 18th birthday.

Hope he loves them. And hope he feels the love knit into every stitch.


Green Austermann Step yarnNext family birthday sock recipient is daughter Heather in May. She asked for something in green. I have some beautiful Opal UNI-Solid green in my stash and I have this - Austermann Step yarn with Aloe Vera and Jojoba Oil.

It's a rare day when I buy sock yarn that isn't Opal, but I couldn't resist this so soft and so pretty yarn.

Since I've never used Austermann yarn before, I may knit it up for myself to try it out.

No comments: