Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

FLAK Sleeves

FLAK sleeves done except for cuffsPattern: Follow the Leader Aran by Janet Szabo

Yarn: Elann's Peruvian Highland Wool

Color: Antique Rose

Needles: US #5

Gauge: 22 stitches/4 inches in Moss Stitch

The sleeves were knit in the round on two 24" circulars with decreases every seventh row.

Oh how I would love to finish up these sleeves by knitting on the cuff, but I don't think it's the right thing to do at this point in the knitting.

The neck without ribbing is so sloppy that I can't be sure about exact length for the sleeves. So, for right now, I'm going to stuff the two attached balls of yarn up the sleeves and leave the cuffs until I can try on the sweater with the neckline and body completed.

My FLAK project is back in the knitting bag until Janet publishes the next installment.


Pappy sitting in the chairPappy was all relaxed, sleeping on his back with his feet in the air and his tongue hanging out.

Then he heard me getting out the camera and woke up in case my movement meant it was time for a walk.

I was disappointed that I didn't get the ultra-relaxed sleeping picture, but this is a nice shot of my fuzzy boy.

No comments: