Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Friday, February 17, 2006

Where Do I Begin?

It's cold, cold, cold here in SW Michigan. As long as we have power, I don't care because I have so much fun stuff to do that I'm not sure where to begin.

Aguave sleeves finishedThe Aguave sleeves are finished. Now it's time to sew this sweater together, wash and block it.

Did I say fun? Sewing my knitting projects together has never been fun for me.

I do know how to do it moderately well, but I'm very very slow at it. It's my least favorite part of knitting and something I avoid by knitting in the round and/or picking up stitches and/or doing three needle bind off whenever the pattern design allows. Not this time. Aguave was knit in four pieces: front, back, 2 sleeves. They need to be sewn together.

And there's a Hanover jacket in my knitting basket that also needs to be sewn together. I've promised myself that both Aguave and Hanover will be assembled before I start a new project. Except for John's birthday socks. They have all ready been started. Sock picture in a few days. I want to knit a little more on the cuffs before I show them to you.


Knitpicks orderMy Knitpicks order finally arrived. First thing I did was grab a ball of Andean Treasure in Fog and finish up the last inch of the first pair of fingerless mitts I started several weeks ago.

For those of you who did the math in your head and wonder why I didn't have a $40 order to get free shipping, I did. The part of the order not pictured belongs to a knitting friend and will be delivered to her at church on Sunday.

The Grape Sierra on the bottom of the pile will likely become a CIC sweater. I want to write an easy, no sew, top down pattern for CIC knitters.

The other five balls are Andean Treasure, 100% baby alpaca, sport weight. This stuff is so soft, warm, and pretty I want knit myself a sweater from it. I don't have a pattern in mind, though, so I'm looking forward to browsing sweater patterns for something classic and a little lacey.

Something with little or no sewing together required. Any suggestions?

Stahman's Shawls and ScarvesThis just arrived in the mail, also.

Oh my, oh my! What a wonderful book! Gorgeous lace projects. I want to sit down and knit everything in this book. Now!

And, if that's not enough, I have a pile of library books to read and a new, unopened Interweave Knits magazine.

So, where do I begin?

No comments: