Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Friday, February 10, 2006

FLAK Part 5 Done

FLAK top part of frint attached to saddles and knit downPattern: Follow the Leader Aran by Janet Szabo

Yarn: Elann's Peruvian Highland Wool

Color: Antique Rose

Needles: US #5

Gauge: 22 stitches/4 inches in Moss Stitch


Once again I'm caught up with the FLAK assignments. This part was fun. My analytical mind got a nice work out charting the cables and how I wanted the neck increases to fit into the pattern.

Since I'm a novice at this type of planning, I made several charts over several days until I finally had it the way I wanted it. Only time and the addition of a neckband will show if my thinking was right or not.

Someone, sorry I don't remember who, posted a suggestion to the list about blocking. She said that we could wet down our FLAK at anytime to block the part that was done in order to make sure we were going to get a good fit.

I may end up doing that. Otherwise, I have to trust that the stitch and row counts calculated from my blocked swatch will bring this sweater up to the size I need.

At this point the front and back are both knit to approximately 1/3 their total length. Adding the sleeves, I roughly calculate the sweater is 20% done. Lots and lots of cable knitting to go.

Now off to knit on something else until the next installment of FLAK is posted.

No comments: