Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Sunday, December 04, 2005

Which Color for the FLAK?

Elann Peruvian Highland Wool in some of my favorite colorsThe FLAK (Follow the Leader Aran Knitalong) officially starts January 1 on the Aranknit Yahoo list. Many knitters, including myself, are looking forward to getting started.

Janet Szabo is designing a top down Aran just for us. Our first assignment is to buy yarn and get gauge in whatever filler stitch we're going to use.

Since Janet is using Elann's Peruvian Collection Highland Wool, I hopped over to Elann to check it out. And what did I see? Colors, oh so many beautiful colors that it took me two days to select seven colors to see in person.

I ordered two skeins of each color and plan on knitting CIC socks with this yarn. But first, I'm going to knit a few swatches, get gauge for the Aran, select my favorite color of the seven, and order 1900 yards of it for my FLAK.

The swatch in the picture and the partially used skein above the swatch are Antique Rose. Today it's the leading contender for my FLAK, but not by much. And I reserve the right to have a different favorite tomorrow.

I would love a sweater in each of these seven colors. Darn. I was hoping a few of them would be disappointing to make the color decision easier.

Above the partial Antique Rose skein is Orange Brandy. To the left of the swatch is Dusty Rose. In the upper right hand corner is Autumn Peach and Candy Cane Red. To the right of the swatch is Dusty Teal and Celadon.

Which is your favorite?

No comments: