Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Things to Smile About

Three month old smiling Sydney Anne in her strollerHappy Baby
Here is Granddaughter Sydney after a stroller ride with DS Dad.

This is my new desktop photo.

Just a little over a week before Granddaughter Kimmy and I get on a plane and head out to Idaho to see some of these smiles in person.

Bluebird nest with four eggsBluebird Eggs
Sunday evening in the triple digit heat, I noticed Mom Bluebird peeking out of the nest box. Thought it was rather strange, especially in the heat.

Early Monday morning when the dogs and I walked by, she was still peeking out of the nest box. When I said "Good morning" to her, she flew out so I looked in to see what was going on.

A third brood! I didn't know they ever did three broods in a year and I didn't think they would do one this late in the season.

Certainly something to smile about.

Back eyed Susans in the fieldColorful Flowers
Black-eyed Susans, one of my favorite wildflowers, are blooming in the field where we walk the dogs.

They're such a happy flower. They make me smile.

Two skeins Knitpicks Essential sock yarn in dusk, a medium grayish blueFree yarn!
This is the Knitpicks Essentials sock yarn I won in the Six Sock Knitalong CIC drawing. The color is dusk, a medium heathery grayish blue.

The skeins are soft. The yarn seems to be very nice and I'm looking forward to getting it on the needles. There won't be a final review until I've worn and washed the resulting socks a few times.

Guess that means I'd better knit them for myself. Smile.

The Heat Wave is Almost Over
The thunderstorms blowing into the area are bringing a cold front. Temps in the mid 70s tomorrow.

Sunny and I are going to a doggy school picnic at Lake Michigan to celebrate. We're hanging around to watch the sun set over the lake - and I'm bringing a sweater.

No comments: