Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Thursday, June 16, 2005

Thinking, Lopi, and Next Trip to Idaho

Wow. Thanks for all the great comments and email on my last post.

I think it's important that everyone take some time once in a while to think about what they're doing, what they're not doing, and ask themselves if changes need to be made. I do have some changes that I need to make, but the changes are minor. The current tone of my newly retired life is going to continue as is for now.

My faith in the Lord provides the assurance that if He has something He wants me to do, He'll make it perfectly clear. Right now, He seems to be mostly pleased to have me doing what I'm doing. I'm very grateful for the opportunity to leave the workforce earlier than planned and start the transition into life after work.

Thank you Lord and thank you Pfizer.

15 skeins of Lopi in bright kid colors for making CIC sweatersNew Lopi Stash
I've hardly been knitting at all this week, but the new yarn arrived anyway.

CIC has requested sweaters in addition to the vests we've been knitting, so this is my new Lopi stash dedicated to making five toddler sized sweaters for CIC.

The yarn was on sale so I stocked up even though the sweaters may not get knit until 2006.

My CIC knitting goal for 2005 is twelve pair of socks and six vests. The vests have been knit and sent. Now it's sock time.

The CIC_Knit List is having a sock challenge to produce 300 pair of wool toddler socks by August 31. My personal goal is six pair.

There's a simple little pattern over on my sidebar. Even one pair of warm little socks will make a big difference in some child's comfort, so please consider knitting up a pair. You don't need to be a member of the CIC_Knit List to participate. I'll be happy to report your sock count to the list when you mail them off to CIC

Idaho, Here We Come
One of the things I've been doing this week instead of knitting has been to book a trip to Idaho for Granddaughter Kimmy and me the first week of August.

Kimmy is going to be flying for the first time and I managed to get her a window seat on all four flights. She also will be visiting Idaho for the first time, seeing mountains for the first time, and, most important, meeting her new cousin Sydney Anne for the first time.

I've already met Sydney Anne, but I won't mind seeing her again.

For this trip I'm getting a rental car. Those who know me, know that I have no sense of direction and can get lost in my own back yard, so this will be a bit of a challenge. I will have maps, written out routes, and I will (can you sense the determination) learn my way around the Spokane, Post Falls, Coeur d'Alene area.

Grandmas are more fun when they're mobile. That's my motivation to master this challenge.

No comments: