Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the sweet embrace of Christ, and let us go on into the invincible future with Him. (Oswalt Chambers)

Monday, June 20, 2005

Knitting Log for June 20

Matthew's Scarf about half done knit in barn red Elegance from Knitpicks After being very lazy for a few weeks, I'm back in the knitting swing of things.

Yesterday when I picked up Matthew's Scarf, I noticed I was getting near the end of the first ball of yarn. Since I only have two balls, I ended up starting the ribbing a few pattern repeats before I was planning to do so.

The pattern tails are going to be about fourteen inches long, an inch shorter than the pattern directs. I've never worn a seaman's style scarf before, so I have no idea if that's going to be too short or not.

Since I don't have a very large neck, I'll probably have to keep this scarf for myself. And since I'm loving the feel of the alpaca and silk Knitpicks Elegance yarn, it will be a pleasure to wear it.


My knitting goals for the rest of the month of June are:

  • Finish first pair Chutes and Ladders socks for CIC
  • Finish Matthew's Scarf
  • Finish second sleeve on Lavold Silky Tweed sweater


If I can get those three projects completed, I will have nothing on the needles to start the month of July. Oh how wonderful that will be, because I have no less than a dozen projects rattling around in my head making me crazy trying to decide what to knit next.

I want to start all of them, but I've learned that three things on the needles is my limit.

There's only one way to quiet my brain and impose order on my project starting urges. I get out paper and pencil, make a list, and plan out my knitting schedule for the next forever.

I never stick with the plan, but writing it out always makes me feel like things are under control.

No comments: